Soups often contain gluten and dairy, two items which our family tries to avoid due to allergies. This Chicken and Gnocchi Soup had all of the wonderful taste without any hint that it was allergy friendly. It has become a family favorite.
- 4 chicken breasts, diced and cooked
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups almond milk (or your choice of thicker milk)
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded (I used a vegetable peeler for long, thin slices)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cut into thin strips
- 1 T. canola oil (or olive oil)
- large pinch of dried thyme
- 1 lb. gluten free gnocchi (or glutenous gnocchi for those of you who eat it)
- freshly milled salt and pepper
- Saute onion, garlic, celery, and carrot in the oil.
- Add chicken, chicken stock, almond milk, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Bring to a gentle boil and add gnocchi. Boil for 4 minutes.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for 1-2 additional minutes. Enjoy!