Here at Cooking Naturally we LOVE to hear what our readers are mixing up in their kitchens. This recipe is one such favorite. And who doesn’t like a good chocolate desert?
- 1 1/2 cups soaked (approx 12 hours) and peeled almonds
- 1 tbsp Mesquite Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1 tbsp Lucuma Powder
- 5 tbsp Melted Cacao Paste (Cacao Powder or Carob Powder would also work)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 4 Soaked Medjool Dates, blended with just enough of the soak water to get a ‘syrup’ type consistency
- Using a food processor, grind almonds into ‘meal’ type consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients, combine to a dough-like consistency
- Spread into dish; freeze until ready to serve
Optional & Delicious Topping: Goji Berries
Recipe submitted by Mariah Moon.