Keen for Cacao Bars
Here at Cooking Naturally we LOVE to hear what our readers are mixing up in their kitchens. This recipe is one such favorite. And who doesn’t like a good chocolate desert?
- 1 1/2 cups soaked (approx 12 hours) and peeled almonds
- 1 tbsp Mesquite Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1 tbsp Lucuma Powder
- 5 tbsp Melted Cacao Paste (Cacao Powder or Carob Powder would also work)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 4 Soaked Medjool Dates, blended with just enough of the soak water to get a ‘syrup’ type consistency
- Using a food processor, grind almonds into ‘meal’ type consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients, combine to a dough-like consistency
- Spread into dish; freeze until ready to serve
Optional & Delicious Topping: Goji Berries
Recipe submitted by Mariah Moon.
2 Responses to Keen for Cacao Bars