This soup was made with fresh cut cilantro from our garden and the rest of the ingredients were local and organic. It’s a simple recipe that is easy to make and very healthy. It makes a full bowl meal for one or a medium bowl split for two to share. It’s easy to adjust the ingredients for your liking: just add more of whatever you like as you go, or leave out and/or substitute other ingredients to taste. Keep in mind that you do not want to make the soup too hot or overcook the carrots. It is meant to be a mostly raw food soup to retain vital nutrients. This soup would be a satisfying addition to a meal paired with flax seed crackers and guacamole or perhaps a quesadilla. There are so many options (depending on your particular diet).
To make “Cilantro Livity Soup” you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups cilantro chopped
- 2 carrots
- 2 avocados
- 1-2 table spoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- First wash and drain the fresh cilantro. Chop it up and set aside.
- Rinse, peel, and cut carrots into 1-2 inch pieces
- Boil the carrots in 2 cups of water for a few minutes so they get softer
Do not drain the carrots. Instead of throwing out the water, pour the carrots and hot water into a glass measuring cup and make sure you have around 1 1/2 cups…
- Slowly combine the water, carrots, and cilantro into a blender or food processor.
- When all of the cilantro and carrots are finely pureed add the avocado and mix again in the blender or food processor.
- Pour the warm soup into a bowl, and add sea salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Mix and serve with fresh chile sauce and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Soup will be warm and delicious!
Recipe Contributed By: Lauren Luquin