10. 80% of the world’s male population is intact.
9. It is easier to clean an intact infant’s penis than to deal with open wounds in a diaper which is routinely filled with urine and feces.
8. Foreskins are functional, protecting the glans while containing sensitive nerve endings and blood vessels.
7. It is a parent’s duty to protect his/her child. Circumcision is painful.
6. Pain and shock from circumcision disrupt bonding, breastfeeding, and sleep patterns in newborn infants.
5. Complications include infection, abnormal bleeding, removal of excessive amounts of skin, loss of part or all of the glans, urinary issues, and death.
4. It is illegal in the United States to circumcise a female against her will or who has not reached an age of majority. Circumcising infant males is discriminatory.
3. There is NO medical benefit to routine circumcision. Removal of the foreskin does not prevent STDs. It does not lessen the chance of developing penile cancer.
2. Once done, it cannot be undone.
1. If it isn’t your body, it’s not your decision to make.
Circumcision is a deeply personal decision. Let’s leave the decision to the person who owns the penis. Say NO! to routine infant circumcision.
This article has been edited from a previous version published at Living Peacefully with Children.