Something about Fall always calls to me to make pumpkin themed foods. I can’t say enough about baking and pureeing your own pumpkin, and this recipe is no exception!
Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder (I used our corn free home made version)
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups almond milk (I actually had Silk brand in the house instead of homemade almond milk, so I did half almond milk and half water to thin it down a bit)
- 4 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree (from my freezer)
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- grated nutmeg (I just grate nutmeg until it looks/smells right)
- 1-2 Tablespoons milled flax seed
- Pecan Halves
Mix all ingredients minus the pecans. Add to skillet and place pecan halves on poured pancakes. Cook as usual.