While trying to find ways to put the good stuff into my vegan baby’s belly, I came up with this recipe for almond coco butter. This is the tastier, healthier, grater nut butter ever! Contains only two ingredients. Yes two! NO sugar, NO additives. Just the fresh natural ingredients you’ll pick. Only the best for our children, right? And guess what? It tastes divine. Everyone that ever tasted this agrees.
Do you search for healthier options for you/your baby/your dog? Do you like the taste of coconuts and almonds? Do you like making everything from scratch? Then gather your ingredients, take the blender out and let’s get started.
What you’ll need…
- 1 cup organic almonds (about 100 gr)
- 1.5 tablespoon organic pure coconut oil
- A blender
- A spatula (a spoon will work too)
- Throw the almonds in the blender and process for a few minutes.
- Stop the process a few times to scrap the almonds that get stuck on the blender’s sides so every piece gets processed.
- After eight minutes throw the coconut oil in. You don’t have to turn off your blender, just make sure it’s not on high. Process until it looks buttery.
- Taste . . . and you can officially die now!
- Just put it in a mason jar and store it in the fridge.
Usually nut butters contain sugar and salt. As long as they’re added for flavor and they’re not necessary, I prefer not to include them. I think this nut butter is so tasty that it doesn’t need any sweetener. But if you are addicted to the store bought nut butters and you are not ready for this transition, you can add a little bit of brown sugar (try with a teaspoon and taste, adjust to your liking) and a pinch of salt.
This makes a little less than 250 gr and stays in the fridge for at least two weeks.
About the Author
I’m Krysta, a breastfeeding, baby wearing, co-sleeping young mama of a little boy. I am a vegan who loves cooking from scratch. I am trying to live as naturally and happily as possible. You can find me blogging at afairytalecomesalive.blogspot.com