I adore a simple lemon and oil dressing on almost any kind of salad. Sometimes I want a little something with a kick, and this Spiced Lemon Salad Dressing fits the bill. I have yet to find a salad I do not enjoy it on!
It is very easy to make, incredibly healthy, and kid-friendly in my home.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or a 50/50 blend of olive oil and coconut oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Whisk lemon juice, yogurt, honey, cumin, cinnamon and ginger in a small bowl until blended.
- Slowly whisk in oil so that the dressing becomes smooth and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
About the Author:
Jennifer blogs about conscious parenting practices, mindful living, holistic health and wellness, natural healing as well as Waldorf based parenting approaches at Hybrid Rasta Mama.