I am always trying to re-invent food to feed my kids! Hummus is a favorite for everyone in the house, but can get quite boring when made the same way over and over. I created my sweet potato hummus one day when I didn’t have enough beans to make a full batch of regular hummus. It quickly became a family favorite and it helps use up the leftover sweet potatoes!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
• 1 can garbanzo beans ( or 1.5 cups of cooked garbanzo beans)
• 1 large sweet potato baked ( can be microwaved if you like)
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 3 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon peanut butter ( tahini will work also!)
• 1.5 tablespoons cumin
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1/4 cup water
• Mix all ingredients except the water together in a food processor until smooth.
• Slowly add water until you have the consistency that you desire.
• Serve with pita bread, chips, or crunchy veggies
Lindsay is from Crunchy Savings. She is a crunchy mama to 3 and a wife to an amazing guy. She strives to raise her family as natural, organic, and green as possible. She went to school for Holistic Nutrition and is passionate about feeding my family “real” food! You can find Lindsay on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest