Twice-Baked Winter Squash
With Thanksgiving just a few short days away, here is a tantalizing recipe to accompany your main dish!
- 1 butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12-15 pecan halves
- Place squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for an hour.
- Turn the squash cut side up and use a fork to gently loosen and mash the flesh, being careful to let it retain it’s shape.
- Season the flesh with salt and pepper, then dot with butter, arrange the pecans and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 20 mins and serve hot.
I used a butternut squash but you could use acorn, pattypan, hubbard, pumpkin or any other winter squash. This makes a perfect Thanksgiving side!